Meaning of Wellness?
Wellness is the act of practicing healthy habits on a daily basis to attain better physical and mental health outcomes, so that instead of just surviving, you’re thriving.
To understand the significance of wellness, it’s important to understand how it’s linked to health. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), health is defined as being “a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.”
How to attain wellness in our day-to-day life?
Several key areas of your lifestyle are considered dimensions of overall Wellness. They include: social connectedness, exercise, nutrition, sleep and mindfulness. Each one has an impact on your physical and mental health. By making simple and healthy choices on a daily basis, you will be well on your way towards reducing stress, having positive social interactions and achieving optimal wellness.
Start with small changes within each dimension and take it one day at a time – you don’t have to run a marathon or go on a restrictive diet to implement wellness into your everyday life! We’ve listed a few examples for each dimension:
Connecting with friends or loved ones is a great way to help improve your physical and mental health. Take 10 minutes out of your day to call someone you’ve been thinking about. This is a great way to connect and catch up with the people that matter the most to you.
Even 20 or 30 minutes of daily exercise can have a positive impact on your overall sense of well-being and help improve your mood. Don’t know where to start? Try a brisk walk on your lunch break or opt for the stairs instead of the elevator when you can.
By adding wholesome ingredients to your plate, you’ll be taking steps towards becoming a healthier you. Some food for thought: pack an apple and some raw veggies in your bag to keep as a handy snack. This may help you avoid vending machines or fast food when you’re on the go. You may check the benefits of mix of multigrain nutrients and it secret ingredients along with six super drinks which is very healthy for your body.
Consider your sleep hygiene. Avoid caffeine after 12pm, include calm activities before going to bed, and wake up at the same time every day–these are simple ways you can begin your journey towards becoming a successful sleeper.
Did you know that practicing mindfulness is good for the body and mind, helps with focus, and also changes the brain? Take a moment right now to consider your own mind and how you are feeling. The more you tap into your own thoughts, the more you may realize how you react to stressful events–so start practicing mindfulness today.
Awareness of Wellness on Human Being
- Understanding and awareness of health and fitness has drawn attention of people towards wellness these days and as a result youth and middle aged people are now proactively taking measures to maintain a healthier lifestyle to prevent any lifestyle related issues.
- Practices such instilling fast food in diet ,lack of adequate exercise , sedentary lifestyle and heighten air pollution resulted in falling prey to lifestyle related ailments including diabetes,cardiovascular ,chronic ,kidney and respiratory diseases.
- Since last few years, there has been paradigm shift in the way people preserve their health and maintain it.
- Witnessing the dire need of people , wellness industry has provided all proactive measures to protect them from sickness hazards.
Recommended website which you can refer to gain awareness of know how of Wellness
- Well and Good –https://www.wellandgood.com
- My Fitness Pal – https://www.myfitnesspal.com
- Very Well Health –https://www.verywellhealth.com
Role of Wellness in our daily life.
- Healthy lifestyle helps us to live a happier and longer life.
- It helps us to protect ourselves from any sickness hazards and lifestyle related ailment i.e. Obesity, Diabetes, Cardiovascular, any Chronic , Kidney and Respiratory Diseases.
- It has solution of almost every segments of our daily life i.e. Male Grooming Products , Vitamins and Supplements , Weight Management , Skin Care ,Sports and Nutrition .
Leading brands in the Wellness Industry in India
- Forever Living Products – 13.6 Billion USD.
- Amway – 8.8 Billion USD.
- Market America – 7.3 Billion USD.
- AVON – 5.5 Billion USD.
- Herbalife – 4.9 Billion USD.
- NuSkin – 4.6 Billion USD.
- Tupperware – 2 Billion USD.
- Oriflame Cosmetics – 1.5 Billion USD.
- Vestige Marketing – 195 Million USD.
- Shop.com – 840 Million USD.
Markets Size of India & Abroad of Wellness Industry
Market Size of Wellness Industry in India
Wellness Industry Products Segmentation:
- Sports & Nutrition
- Weight Management
- Skin & Personal Care
- Vitamins & Supplements
Facts of Wellness Industry Globally
- Wellness Industry has more than doubled since 2011 and stood at Rs 13,080 Crores.
- In 2018 it has grown more than 13% from previous year 2017.
- Average sales /Distributor in a year is $300 in comparison to global average sales of $1700 as per ASSOCHAM.
- Wellness Products contribute more than 50% of Sales .
- Cosmetics & Personal Care contribute more than 25% of Sales .
- The Industry contribution to the exchequer was around $2500 Crores.
- No of active active direct sellers was around 57 lac growing at 6% than previous year.
- Male to Female ratio of direct sales stand at 50:50 .
Growth Drivers of Wellness Industry
- Recognition of direct selling as non store retail model.
- Entrepreneurship opportunity for non employed .
- Additional source of income for the employed.
- Adequate training for skill development by Direct Selling Companies .
- Focus on Women Empowerment.
- Rise of Social media helps create an effective and economical networks of buyers, sellers and prospects.
Scope of Wellness Industry in the Future
- As per a survey conducted in 2015 -16, total market size of 167 Billion USD currently will reach to 645 Billion USD by 2025.
- There will be further boosted in this industry with the inclusion of Digital India, Skill India, and Make in India Policy being introduced by our Government.
- The country has observed a significant transformation in the lifestyles of the citizen as a result of customized health care services, holistic fitness routine,wellness and self care products ,etc.
- Government are now allowing international brands to the country to encourage healthy lifestyle, fitter and comprehensive approach towards oneself.
Hope you must have now a fair idea of the wellness industry, benefits, and its scope in future
Thanks for reaching out to me and please leave your comments /suggestion if any..
Please visit my website for more such articles and information:https://arvindnation.com